Write a letter to your Member of Parliament letting them know that you care about the Sudans and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Talking points can be drawn from STAND Canada’s policy recommendations.
Find your Member of Parliament and their contact information by entering your postal code here. There is no postage required when writing your MP.
Email prominent MPs directly:
- Rt. Hon. Stephen Harper, Prime Minister: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hon. John Baird, Minister of Foreign Affairs: email@example.com.
- Thomas Mulcair, Leader of the Official Opposition: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hon. Bob Rae, Interim Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada: email@example.com.
- Elizabeth May, Leader of the Green Party of Canada: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letters to the Editor
Write a letter to the editor of a local or national newspaper to let them know what you think about current situation in the Sudans, what Canada can do, or why they should be covering the story more prominently.
Here are some direct links to write to:
- National Post: email@example.com.
- The Globe and Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Toronto Star: email@example.com.
- Montreal Gazette: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Ottawa Citizen: email@example.com.
- The Vancouver Sun: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips when writing letters:
- Be professional and to-the-point
- Email is preferred
- Proofread your letter for spelling, grammar and logic
- Use specific examples or evidence to support your position
- Thanks is as important as criticism