Since its founding in 2005, STAND Canada has become the leading organization in Canada for youth led anti-genocide advocacy and activism. We aim to make genocide prevention a cornerstone of Canada’s foreign policy and are dedicated to making it easy to for Canadians to stay updated on the current situation in the Sudans and the Democratic Republic of Congo, as well as provide them with actions they can do to make a difference.
Interested in Volunteering? Check out the open positions below!
Time Commitment: five to 15 hours per week
Application Deadline: June 15, 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical support in relation to updating and maintaining the STAND Canada website and STAND’s Google Apps services.
- Perform Google Apps and webhosting maintenance as necessary. Communicate with the Communications Director on replacement of old technology as required.
- Ensure that website content (except for blog posts) are uploaded to the server in a timely manner.
- Routinely verify the functionality of website content, including online forms, images, and layout.
- Provide technical support to STAND members as necessary.
- Liaise with external technical personnel in Dreamhost and Go Daddy to ensure the continued operation and quality of STAND’s online operations.
- Develop new functionalities for STAND’s website, as requested by the Executive Director and Communications Director; work on long-term technical projects as required.
- Ensure the creation of a yearly chapter/volunteer survey online.
- Perform other job-related duties as required by the Communications Director or Executive Director.
- Must have advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS and experience with popular content management systems (particularly WordPress).
- Must have a working knowledge of SEO, keyword strategies, copy optimisation, off-page promotion and link strategies;
- Must be familiar with Google analytics
- Must be available to work to work on-call.
- Web copywriting and good web communication skills (written and visual).
- Adobe Photoshop skills (desirable)
- Must have experience managing web projects, ideally in a non-profit environment.
- Having a computer science or web programming background is preferred, but not necessary.
- Must be able to deal effectively with STAND members across Canada through the internet and by telephone.
Applications should be directed to email@example.com. A writing sample should be p rovided. Please quote “Website Manager” in the subject line. Applications should include a brief cover letter and CV.