Stand’s policy and research team will occasionally produce memos on topics that are either of particular interest at the moment, such as Canada’s capacity to lend heavy trucks to UNAMID, or topics that relate to a fundamentally important aspect of understanding the Darfur crisis, such as ethnicity in Sudan.
Please E-mail Stand’s research and policy director, Luke, at email@example.com if you would like to contribute to future research.
See below for past memos:
- Why a Sub-Committee for the Prevention Against Genocide is Necessary
- Standing Joint Committee Policy recommendation
- UNAMID Military Supplies and Deployment Status – Oct 22, 2011
- FAAE and the Referendum in Sudan – March 12, 2011
- Civil Society Participation in Doha Peace Talks – February 21, 2011
- The Financial Cost of Introducing a Sub-Committee for the Prevention of Genocide – Jan.12, 2011
- Darfur and Sudanese Elections, April 2010.
- Current Canadian Contributions to Darfur/UNAMID – April 5, 2010
- Water and Peace-Building in Darfur — April 7, 2009
- Feasibility of a No-Fly Zone over Darfur — April 7, 2009
- The Prevalence of Sexual Violence in Darfur — December 5, 2008
- Implications of Omar Hassan al-Bashir Indictment — November 10, 2008
- Special Envoys for Darfur of Other Countries — July 27, 2008
- Canada’s AVPGs in Darfur — March 14, 2008
- Canadian military: capacity to send equipment to UNAMID, noncombat attaches,
logistical support, helicopters, etc. — January 30, 2008
- The term genocide in the context of Darfur — November 5, 2007
- Women’s Issues in Darfur — August 12, 2007